- Average saving of 93% of ventilation operating costs
- Reduced thermal load by up to 7°C, reduced moisture load
- Zero maintenance, 25-year service life, radial impeller
- Extended service life of technologies, buildings, and materials
- Eliminated emissions of CO2 and greenhouse gases, removal of smoke
- Primary as well as secondary savings, increased work productivity
- Fully automated system of sensors and control units
How does it work?
The basic operating principle is duct-free air rinsing of buildings. This process is driven by natural physical forces as follows: 1. Wind, 2. Different temperatures on the floor surface inside the building and in the turbine throat outside the building, 3. Stack effect, which depending on the height of the ventilated space accounts for as much as 60% of the suction power. The suction power is not guaranteed due to inconstant quantities affecting the operation
This is a highly energy-efficient roof system of active natural ventilation, high-volume air exchange, and rinse-air cooling designed for large buildings with guaranteed performance of up to 10.000 m3/hour.
Controllable fans are powered either by efficient EC drives guaranteeing extremely energy-saving operation or renewable energy resources completely for free!
The ventilation turbine was invented by the Australian company Edmonds in 1934. The innovative technology is assembled by an exclusive importer to the CEE in the Czech Republic.
The turbines consist of a unique-shaped radial impeller head with a sprung frame to prevent deformations by crosswind. The support system has maintenance-free sealed and easily replaceable bearings, adjustable articulated throat, and a square base.
According to specific applications, the turbines are made of HI TECH materials. Turbines for commercial and industrial buildings are made of ABS and highly durable marine aluminium.
The range of available products is very wide: 12 types of turbines with up to 10 years of warranty, wide range of accessories and reducers to fit all diameters for all types of roofs with a slope from 0° to 45°.
The patented HURRICANE ventilation turbines are designed exclusively for commercial and industrial use. They have a throat diameter of 150 to 900mm. The turbines are designed for non-guaranteed ventilation of buildings – exhaust of warm air, humidity, and emissions. Unlike the traditional onion-shaped turbines, the head is of a radial impeller shape with backward-curved vanes. The patented TANDACO double bearing system ensures high durability in case of wind gusts.
The vanes blades have a much greater surface area compared with conventional turbines, which ensures high turning speed in low wind conditions. Apart from the shape of the turbine and wind, the resulting suction power is also affected by the stack effect. Therefore, these devices are used in buildings with a clear height of over 5 meters. The suction power can be adjusted by means of mechanical or electric flaps. Edmonds is the only manufacturer of industrial ventilation turbines in the world.
APPLICATIONSThe technology is suitable for almost all industrial sectors, including plastic moulding, metal processing, food industry, electrical engineering, larger spaces such as logistics and distribution hubs, supermarkets or sports halls. The system is also suitable for production, agricultural and storage halls, sports facilities, large retail spaces, shafts of apartment houses, underground parking lots, etc.
MAIN ADVANTAGES OF INDUSTRIAL TURBINES
- 1. Stability – special design of the radial impeller. Onion-shaped turbines of diameters exceeding 400mm are susceptible to crosswind deformations.
- 2. Durability – special design and double-sealed bearings. This allows turbine diameters of 150 to 900mm designed for wind speed of up to 240km/h.
- 3. For extreme and heavy operations, the turbines are made of highly resistant titanium material.
- 4. Suction power – radial impeller has 3 times better suction efficiency compared with conventional turbines with onion-shaped head. Therefore, turbines with radial impeller are a suitable solution for commercial buildings with a height of over 5 metres.
- 5. Exponential performance – the power of HC600 turbine corresponds to three 350mm diameter turbines.
- 6. Rotary power – the vanes of turbines with a radial impeller have a significantly greater surface area. Even in low wind conditions they have a significantly greater rotary power compared with the obsolete onion-shaped turbine head.
The design of the hybrid turbine is based on the commercial Hurricane turbine. The throat diameter is 400, 600 and 900mm. The turbine is of a radial impeller shape with backward-curved vanes. Instead of bearings, the upper part of the head is connected to the rotor of EC motor. The motor has minimum friction and features exceptional suction performance even when powered by natural wind. The design ensures full air flow through the suction throat. Hybrid fans have maximum suction power both in the natural and electric mode.
Hybrid turbines operate in the following two modes:
1. Non-guaranteed suction - driven by natural wind energy combined with the stack effect and temperature gradient in the ventilated area.
2. Guaranteed suction - turbine powered by EC motor with electronic commutation, which ensures a guaranteed volume of air suction per unit of time.
APPLICATIONSThe technology is suitable for almost all industrial sectors, including plastic moulding, metal processing, food industry, electrical engineering, larger spaces such as logistics and distribution hubs, supermarkets or sports halls. The system is also suitable for production and agricultural halls, sports facilities, large retail spaces, shafts of tower buildings, underground parking lots, ventilation of granaries, welding plants, assembly halls, tyre warehouses, plastic moulding shops, underground wine storages, etc.
MAIN ADVANTAGES OF HYBRID TURBINES
- 1. Unbeatable non-guaranteed/guaranteed suction power in relation to input
- 2. Extremely low noise without the need of silencers
- 3. Maintenance-free operation – high stability in extreme weather
- 4. High degree of protection against humidity – zero corrosion
- 5. Low weight, low cost of distribution systems, IP 45 protection
- 6. Operation control system, power supply 220V/50 Hz 10
- 7. Quick return in 3-shift and non-stop operation