Continental Barum s.r.o. is a leading German manufacturer of rubber tyres for personal, freight and industrial vehicles. The company is seated in Otrokovice, Czech Republic and covers brands like Barum, Continental, Semperit, Uniroyal, Matador or General Tire. Since 1992 the company has been a part of the German concern Continental AG.
Tradition of tyre manufacturing industry in Czech Republic is dated back to 1932 in Baťa’s factories in Zlín, where first tyres for cars and trucks were manufactured. The current industrial complex in Otrokovice which was opened in 1972 is a part of the biggest tyre manufacturer in the world with yearly production of nearly 20 million tyres.
The client wanted to test the effectivity of the system in real manufacturing conditions in the center of the factory which covers 350.000 m2. The system was installed near rubber processing plant which is an area with the most significant heat load.
- Minimize the number of facility closures due to temperature discomfort
- Improve working conditions for employees
- Reduce wage compensation expenses
- Minimize impacts on facility operation
- Reduction of temperature in the facility by 5 °C
- Preservation of degree of humidity at 60%
OUR TURNKEY SOLUTION
2THERMAL BALANCE CALCULATION
- - 4x adiabatic cooling system (output 60.000 m3)
- - 4x ventilation turbines (output 30.000 m3)
- - 4x destratification units (output 720.000 m3)
- - 4x air curtain system (against heat fluctuation)
4FAIRAIR MONITORING APPLICATION – CONTROL SYSTEM
- During realization the operation of facility wasn’t interrupted
- The system reports very low energy consumption – 8,5 kW, which is 25-40 % of yearly expenses of the conventional air conditioning system
- Initial costs of the system are around 30-40 % in comparison to conventional air conditioning system